I saw this Pear & Cabbage Salad in a Fred Meyer coupon book and it looked so tasty! I made a few adjustments because some of the ingredients I couldn’t find or they were too expensive but it’s pretty close to the original.
Pear & Cabbage Salad
- 1/2 head red cabbage
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 pear, halved, cored & sliced into thin strips
- 1 red pear, halved, cored & sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp stone ground or Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- 1 Tbsp + 1.5 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp olive oil
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt & maple syrup. Slowly whisk in olive oil until well blended. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.
Cut cabbage in half lengthwise into two wedges, then cut and discard core from each wedge. Cut each wedge into thin shreds. Cut romaine lettuce in half lengthwise, then slice into slightly thicker shreds. Toss cabbage & lettuce with remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette & toss well.
This salad was so fresh and had the perfect amount of sweetness with the pears & grapes. This is definitely better than a regular, boring old salad. Pretty easy & quick to put together too. I was also pleased with how well it stored. Which is great because it makes quite a bit of salad, definitely enough for a crowd.
Hopefully, you’ll enjoy it as much as we did.
If you like this recipe make sure you pin it below and share with your friends and family either through Facebook, Twitter or by sending them the URL to this page. Thanks!