High protein snacks that are easy for on the go are essential!
Our family seems like it is always on the go
I think I might have finally figured out my “back to school” routine. Does anybody else feel like it takes entirely too long to “get back to normal.”
You would think that going from a house full of kids and craziness to a house with only one kid home for half a day would be much easier. But no, the ramp up to finish all of the summer fun before school starts to all of the school activities starting back up, music classes, piano lessons, football, etc. is plain insane!Everyone gets a little hangry - Even the kids!Click To Tweet
Anyway, I digress … this isn’t really what you are here to read about is it.
I’ve been doing a lot of traveling not only out of town but to things like football games and I have hungry kids while we are going from one activity to the next.
I try to always have some healthy, high protein snacks with me. Especially if I have a car full of kids with me. Who are way better behaved if they are not hungry, let me tell ya. 😉 Here are a few of my favorite to bring with me.
10 Healthy & Portable High Protein Snacks
- Trail mix. I try to make my own and it usually ends up a little different depending on what I have on hand but here is a great recipe to get you started.
- High-quality protein shake. I use USANA Health Sciences.
- Tasty cookies like these Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Cookies.
- This I got from the Dr. Oz show … Quinoa Almond Butter Balls.
- High-quality protein bars or make your own, I really like these Vegan Protein Bars.
- Healthy no bake cookies (the kids LOVE these!) Mix 1 c. peanut butter, 1 c. quick-cook oats, 1/2 c. honey, 1 c. chocolate protein powder. Roll them into a ball and flatten them a little. That’s it!
- Hummus & veg like this Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus
- Peanut butter with either celery, apples or bananas
- Kale muffins … another kid favorite
- Grapes & cheese cut into squares
What are some of your favorite high protein snacks for on the go? Let me know in the comments below!
If you like these High Protein Snacks make sure you pin it below and share with your friends and family either through Facebook, Twitter or by sending them the URL to this page. Thanks!