Is a 10 minute workout enough?
Sometimes in our busy lives, it is hard to find time to exercise. I think that is in part because for some reason we have subconsciously decided two things.
1. We have to go somewhere like a gym or buy expensive equipment to workout.
2. We need to workout for at least 1 hour. If we don’t we might as well not exercise because it is doing us no good.
I want to say that is not true!
A 10 minutes workout is better then not exercising at all. If you take 10 minutes to be active several times throughout the day it can quickly add up to 30 or 60 minutes of exercise.
Here are 10 different ways to get a 10 minute workout.
- Take a 10-minute walk each day. You could do it on your lunch break or even quick 15 minutes breaks throughout the day. Take a walk around the building during that time.
2. Pick 3 or 4 songs that are upbeat and that you absolutely love. Pick songs that make you want to move and then get up and dance!
3. If you have kids in sporting events don’t sit on the sidelines cheering them on. Walk up and down the field cheering them on as they practice or even during a game.
4. Household chores can make you sweat too, especially yard work. Try raking leaves, mowing the lawn, shoveling snow, moving furniture around to vacuum, etc. If you are running from room to room putting things away try literally running between rooms like a 5-year-old would.
6. Go on a bike ride around the neighborhood. This time of year is especially nice because flowers are blooming and, at least here in Idaho, the weather is perfect.
7. If you have a child in music lessons, or something similar, walk up and down the neighborhood while you wait for them instead of waiting in the car messing around on your phone.
8. Google “10 minute abs” or “10 minute ______” fill in the blank body part or even just “10 minute workout” and you’ll find tons of options.
9. Instead of channel surfing during commercials or fast-forwarding through them do some jumping jacks, pushups, situps, run in place, etc. Just get up and move.
10. If you have a dog take him for a walk instead of just sending him outside to play. If you don’t have a dog take your significant other or family out for a walk after dinner 😀Just Move It, Move It!Click To Tweet
I have a lot of walking in these options because it is a great habit, low-impact, easy & free workout + it is really good for you.
I just want you to move more, it will help you rest better at night & feel better about yourself. It’s a win-win!
What other quick exercises would you recommend? Comment below.
You might enjoy this article on Family Fitness. It gives you loads of ideas on active things to do with your family, separated by seasons.
If you found these tips on a 10 Minute Workout helpful make sure you pin it below and share with your friends and family either through Facebook, Twitter or by sending them the URL to this page. Thanks!