With the new year just around the corner, many of you will most likely be starting some new year resolutions and many might be focusing on creating some healthy habits. I wanted to share with you 4 of my tips to help you master your goals and be successful.You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream. - C.S. LewisClick To Tweet
4 Tips to help you reach your healthy habits goal
- Choose a very specific goal. Instead of saying my goal is to work out more or eat healthier. Make a SMART goal, I’m sure many of you have heard of this before but just in case SMART means Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant & Time-Bound.
- ex. I am going to eliminate soda from my diet by reducing my intake by one can each week. I will no longer be drinking soda by March 1st.
- Now you need to make the plan & schedule it. Maybe your goal is to eat healthier. Schedule a time each week to meal plan, grocery shop, meal prep, etc. To get started download my free 5-day meal plan.
- I usually meal plan on Thursday, shop on Friday and then Saturday I will meal prep by pre-cutting my veg for the week, pre-cooking some meat or making a large soup or salad for lunch each day.
- Read more here on meal planning
- Don’t forget to share with others. Lots of times, specifically with weight loss goals we keep our aspirations to ourselves but this is not what you want to do. I understand the desire to keep it private. what if you fail? Or, you don’t want to be judged & every choice you make to be scrutinized by others. Read these 7 Steps to Lose Weight, specifically, step #2.
- ex. These people will support me & help me stay on track:________________________
- Plan your reward, before you even start. Have something to look forward to, that dangling carrot at the finish line, something that will keep you motivated.
- ex. When I succeed my reward will be: ____________________
- Make it something other than food-related.
There are also tons of different apps and trackers that can help you set and reach your healthy habits goals. Click here -> Personal Training Apps – to get some tips on effectively using electronic fitness trackers and some good apps to help you with your overall health goals.
If you found these tips on healthy habits make sure you pin it below and share with your friends and family either through Facebook, Twitter or by sending them the URL to this page. Thanks!