This Spicy Lime Shrimp recipe makes a nice and light Valentines dinner. You can make it a nice romantic dinner for you and your man. Or make it a quick weeknight meal.
This makes a nice fun Valentines dinner for the family because it is special. Shrimp is not something we eat every week.Fun weeknight or special dinner.Click To Tweet
This post contains affiliate links which means I can earn a fee for people purchasing when they click the link (at no cost to you). Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Spicy Lime Shrimp Recipe
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp red pepper flakes*
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
Mix together garlic, pepper flakes, lime juice & cilantro. Place in a shallow bowl or ziplock bag*. Add shrimp and marinate for 10 – 15 minutes. *I grew up using one of these Tupperware marinating containers and love them.
As a side note, this is the perfect time to work on a simple quinoa salad, while your shrimp is marinating.
Heat a pan to medium-high. Add oil, then shrimp, I included the marinade but if you feel like placing each shrimp in the pan instead that is fine too. Cook for about 2 minutes, flip the shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes or until shrimp are fully cooked.
Serve on top of your quinoa salad, if desired.
*It can be a bit spicy so if you or your family don’t like things very spicy I’d use 1-2 tsp of red pepper flakes instead of 1/2 Tbsp.
Any way you eat it I hope you enjoy it!
Benefits of Shrimp
- Packed with protein – which helps your body burn calories and fat.
- High in zinc – a mineral that helps your body produce leptin (which is an appetite-controlling hormone)
- High in iodine – which helps your thyroid function better.
- Has tryptophan – which releases serotonin & vitamin B12; uplifting your mood & keeping your mind sharp.
- Tends to be low in mercury – making it a better seafood choice. I’d recommend wild-caught cold-water shrimp.
- Frozen shrimp are flash frozen right after they’ve been harvested (like frozen fruits & veggies) – so depending on where you live it is often fresher than the shrimp laying out in the butcher block section of the grocery store.
If you like this Spicy Lime Shrimp Recipe make sure you pin it below and share with your friends and family either through Facebook, Twitter or by sending them the URL to this page. Thanks!