Most times I prefer to be perfectly honest with my kids about what’s IN the dinner, but some nights, I just want to serve dinner and have them devour it without question. It’s nights like that when I rely on things like “Sneaky Sauce“.
This recipe is really one that is more of estimates because only you will know how much flavor you can sneak by. This is the spaghetti sauce I make on those nights, and I can sneak a lot by my kids, but if you are new to this then you might need to reduce some of the amounts.
The other thing, this sauce isn’t pretty. It doesn’t look fancy. In fact, it looks plain old boring. I love seeing a rainbow of color on my plate, or a big chunky sauce for spaghetti. But this…it’s what a picky eater likes to see.
- 1 pound of 100% grass fed ground beef or bison. You can also sub in turkey or chicken if you prefer. (of course you can make this meatless too!)
- 1 cup zucchini, diced with seeds removed
- 1 bell pepper, seeds and stem removed
- 3 spicy peppers, seeds and stem removed
- 1/4 – 1/2 medium sized onion
- 1 can tomato paste
- 3 cloves of garlic, peel removed
- 2 tbsp spaghetti sauce blend
In a large saucepan, brown the ground meat of your choice. In a blender, add in all the other ingredients to puree. The blending time will vary based on your blender, but keep blending until smooth (that’s what makes it sneaky!). Once the meat is browned, add the puree until warm.