Is the elusive “healthy holidays” real? Can it really happen? Does it exist? 😀 You betcha!
It might look a little different than a Healthy Summer but it is possible. Here are 8 tips to help you make it through the holiday season healthily (is that even a word?)You got this!Click To Tweet
Healthy Holidays: 8 Tips You Need For Success
- Don’t deprive yourself! You will almost be guaranteed to fail. Set realistic expectations. Instead of going on a strict diet and having a goal to lose 15 lbs. from now to New Years have a goal to stick to your routine as much as possible or have a goal to maintain your weight, not gain.
2. Don’t starve yourself before a big event, party or dinner to “save calories” you’ll be so hungry you’ll eat more than you normally would & you’ll wreak havoc on your blood sugar & insulin levels.
3. Drink plenty of water. It really does help with a sense of fullness.
4. Remember a holiday is just one day, not a month or even a week.
5. Splurge on foods you like most or are unique to that holiday instead of eating everything offered. I recommend you read this post on a Healthy Thanksgiving. It has some great tips on how to manage food during a holiday.
6. Be mindful of the foods you are eating. These mindfulness exercises will help you learn how to savor your first few bites so you don’t need to eat as much to be satisfied.
8. Last, but certainly not least. If you did overindulge, went overboard or don’t feel like you did as well as you should have or wanted to DON’T throw in the towel. DON’T decide it is now a free for all and overindulge every day until the holiday season is over. That day or event is now in the past. Today is a new day and just continue on doing the best you can with each choice in front of you.
Remember a holiday is just one day 😀
I want you to have faith in yourself, give yourself grace and live! Don’t let the fear of eating the wrong foods keep you from having a good time and enjoying the holidays. Find the moderation that works for you and leaves you feeling happy and content.
Enjoy the holidays and find those happy moments that fill you with love and joy.!
Healthy Holidays to you & to your family.
If you find this post helpful in any way please share it with your friends and family either through Facebook, Twitter or sending them the URL to this page and don’t forget to PIN the image below! 😀 Thanks!!